Hope For The Hard Times
Tuesday, May 15 2018
Are you confused? Uncertain? Lost? Not sure where to go, what to do, how to do it?
Or are you tired and worn out? At the end of your physical, mental and emotional rope? With no energy and strength left to keep moving forward?
Or are you broken? Your body falling apart? Your heart shattered? Your mind damaged? Your spirit crushed?
At some point along our earthly journey, for some of us sooner than later, we all come to this:
- a junction in our lives where we simply don't know what the right answer is
- a debilitating exhaustion where putting one step in front of another, or simply breathing, is just too much of an effort
- a fracturing of our souls, a loss and a grief seemingly too difficult to bear
Thankfully, I know where to turn when I find myself there. I know, because I have read it and I have experienced it to be true. And so, I believe it.
"For whatever was written in former days
was written for our instruction,
that through endurance
and through the encouragement of the Scriptures
we might have hope."
(Romans 15:4 – ESV)
"For everything that was written in the past
was written to teach us,
so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures
and the encouragement they provide
we might have hope."
Do I need teaching and instruction because I have come to a crossroads in my life, and I am completely unsure what to do next? Then I turn to the Scriptures, to the Bible, to the Word of God. Because "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17) The inspired Word of God teaches me what is true and right, so that I might be prepared and equipped to make wise decisions for my life.
Do I need renewed strength to persevere and endure and keep moving forward in my life? Then I turn to the Scriptures, to the Bible, to the Word of God. "My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to Your Word." (Psalm 119:28) God's Word points me to God, and God is the strength of my weak and weary and faltering heart.
Does my broken life need encouragement, need healing and restoring? Does it need to be reconstructed into wholeness again? Then I turn to the Scriptures, to the Bible, to the Word of God. There I am assured that "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147: 3) There I am reminded that "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever." (Psalm 73:26)
Dear friend: the Scriptures are alive! They are not just dead black ink on white paper, or lifeless letters on a digital screen. The Word of God is very much alive and living, active and powerful to speak into your life and to bring about the changes and the transformations you so long and pray for. (Hebrews 4:12)
Thousands of years ago, these words were written in the Bible: "Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything He had spoken came true." (Joshua 21:45)
Today is no different: "For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” (2 Corinthians 1:20)
So dear friend: at all times and in all circumstances, I invite you and I encourage you to turn to the living and powerful Word of God. There, and there alone, will you find the hope and the encouragement you need so that you might be able to wait patiently for all God's promises to be fulfilled in your own life.
Even Ronald Reagan, former president of the United States, is claimed to have stated:
- Choosing One of Two Pains
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART III
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART II
- So... Who Are You, Lord? - PART I
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part III
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part II
- Jesus Said: I AM - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part III
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Way, The Truth and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Resurrection and The Life
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part II
- Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd - Part I
- Jesus Said: I Am The Door of The Sheep
- Jesus Said: I Am The Light of The World
- Jesus Said: I Am The Bread of Life