A COVID-19 REFLECTION taken from PSALM 145:1-3
Wednesday March 25, 2020
A COVID-19 REFLECTION taken from my daily reading of the Psalms -
today, PSALM 145:1-3
"I will exalt You, my God the King;
I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will praise You
and extol Your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom."
As I read and meditated on my psalm for this day, I asked what some of the take-aways from these first three verses of Psalm 145 could be...
- God is the King. The coronavirus Covid-19 may be a rampant and deadly world pandemic in these days, seemingly controlling the life of our entire planet; but really and ultimately God is King. He still sits supremely on His throne; He is still reigning and governing the universe with His mighty Word and His powerful right arm; and He is still the only One who rightly and truly wears the crown.
- God is LORD. And as LORD, He rules absolutely. The coronavirus, sickness, death, confusion, fear and anxiety may parade around as absolute rulers. But the Truth is otherwise: God is LORD, and no one and nothing in the universe speaks or acts, even lives and breathes, but by His authority and permission.
- God is great, with a greatness that no one can fathom or understand. His thoughts are higher than our human thoughts. His ways are higher than our human ways. We may have little to no idea why Covid-19 is seemingly taking over life all over the earth; but God knows, and God knows why. His reasons and His purposes are without a doubt beyond our comprehension, but because He is not only great but also eternally and deeply good, we can trust His heart of love for us and for our world in the midst of our lack of understanding.
- As great King and great LORD therefore, He is the only One most worthy of praise.
And so, I will praise Him. I will exalt Him. I will extol Him. Every day. Every single day, come to my life what may. Covid-19 may seemingly be taking my freedom, my health, my economy, my life as I have known it until now. One day, it may even take my physical breath away. But I still choose to praise Him, and exalt Him and extol Him forever and ever; because the virus may kill everything in my life including my body, but it can never kill my soul.
My soul belongs exclusively to my great God and King, who has prepared a place for me in His house of many rooms in heaven - where one day that only He knows I will be together with Him, praising His name forever and ever and ever.
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I AM, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Alpha and The Omega, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part III
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The True Vine, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Way, The Truth and The Life
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Resurrection and The Life
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd, Part II
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Good Shepherd, Part I
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Door of The Sheep
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Light of The World
- LENT 2020 - Jesus Said: I Am The Bread of Life
- LENT 2020 - Who Are You, Lord?
- Grace In The Wilderness
- You Are Good, And What You Do Is Good
- Strengthened By Grace
- In All Things